Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

2009, a new year, a new beginning, a new story to tell.. But at the same time, a lot of the old stories drag on into this new chapter.

Malaysian politics is still a whirl of who-knows-what..

Muslims brothers and sisters in Gaza are still under fire, and, last I heard, suffering from an invasion.. something new? you tell me..

It is sad to see all this going on, and it gives me some doubts in celebrating and ushering the new year. What exactly am I ushering? Is 2009 going to be a year full of success and happiness? Or more suffering and oppression?

People wonder why there is suffering in this world. "If God is real, why is He letting people suffer?" Thats not something uncommon to hear..

But have we actually given it a thought? Look at this world.. More than 6billion people, and trillions upon trillions of other creatures, all under the watchful guidance of God.

He is all Powerful, that is true, but does that compel Him to make sure that every single person is happy, unconditionally?

Have you heard of the story of the barber? This man went to a barber, and the barber was telling him how he thinks God doesn't exist. Why? Because there are so many people suffering in the world. If God exists, those people wouldnt be suffering. So the man left the barber, wondering. Just as he walked out of the shop, he saw a man with long, unkept hair and beard. He went back inside and told the barber, "I don't believe in barbers, they don't exist."
"What?! I'm right here, I am a barber."
"But there are so many people who don't have their hair cut."
"Well, that's not my problem. They don't come to me, how am I supposed to help them?"
"That is exactly the case with God. People don't go to Him, how can he, why should he, help them?"

Yes this world is full of suffereing, but this world is also full of people who deny the existence of God. I will not attempt to justify His existence, because that will take ages, and if you don't already believe in God, look deep in your heart, look around you, and you will hear Him.

I realize now, it IS a new year I am ushering in, but I am also ushering in new hope. When people start returning to God, He will come back, insyaAllah..

Ya Allah, bestow Your help onto our brothers and sisters in the Land of Palestine, protect them, and grant them guidance, wisdom and strength. A new year has arrived, may Your Wisdom guide us through this year to overcome all challenges and obstacles, may our brothers and sisters unite under Your banner, to uphold the name of Islam, to keep our Iman strong, our Faith uncompromisable, and our Honour intact. With You, Allah, in our hearts, minds, and all around, we are strong and one. Amin.

No comments: