Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Study trip?

It's been a while since I last posted something. But oh well, I wanted to post up some pictures, but I havent got up to uploading the pictures yet.. hehe.

Anyways, the first years are coming today, and the whole campus is up and about, being all excited about the new addition to the AC family. Powys was up all night last night, finishing the year poster and making the house ready. Everyone is out with signboards saying "p-p-p-Powys!" or "ka-powys!" or other similar to welcome the first years. The first bus is arriving at about 2, so I'm gonna go out with the Malaysian flag. ;)

Which reminds me about the trip to Taiwan. I don't know if it's just me or what, but, is it really necessary to bring 50 MPs to a study trip abroad? I mean, taulah, no parliament sitting, but, come on. Wouldn't it be better to go on a study-trip in Malaysia? Go around the country, look at how our agriculture is really doing, so that they would know it first hand, instead of just reading it off a piece of paper. Then send one or 2 representative to somewhere and study from them (if they really want to send people on "study trips"). I mean, our neighbours are doing really well, yet we go somewhere further? Banyak sangat ke duit, sampai they're that desperate to waste money? If that's the case, increase subsidies lah.

And is there something fishy going on? I just heard that they're planning the trip, and a week later, all 50 are in Taiwan. Maybe things have changed in Malaysia over the past month since I was last there. Maybe the Malaysian government has managed to make a U-turn and become extremely efficient. If that's the case, which I hope to God is, alhamdulillah, we've waited for this moment a tad too long. Enough said.

A lot of things are going on in this country that I love so much. And not all of them are good. But, all I can say is, now that we can no longer rely on our leaders, it is up to us, Malaysians, the heart and blood of the country, to keep us going. We have survived a lot of things, and we can surely survive this one. We are a quiet people, but we are a people who can get things done, insyaAllah. So the only hope for Malaysia now are the Malaysians ourselves, and let's pray that God is on our side.

Ya Allah, selesaikanlah masalah negara ini secepat mungkin. Hamba-hamba-Mu memerlukan pertolongan-Mu, tunjukkanlah kami jalan, berikanlah kami kesabaran, kurniakanlah kami penyelesaian. Kembalikanlah kemegahan dan kebanggaan kami, demi agama, bangsa dan negara. Amin.

No comments: