Friday, August 22, 2008

Life here..

It's been quite some time now since I last updated on the happenings here, so I think maybe perhaps I should just write something about it. hehe. What have I been up to? Well, I've only been back to AC for about 2 weeks, but already it feels like I've been back for months. I don't know whether thats a good thing or bad, because its given me this sense of security that things are familiar and "there", but it also gives this feeling that time is moving so slowly and everything is just a drag. Oh well, its a mixed feeling, but I still enjoy it! hehe.

I've been joining quite a few playgroup session, where a group of children, about 5-10 year olds, would come to AC, about 12-14 of them everytime, and we spend some time to play with them. It's part of the community work, but I must say its been really fun and rewarding. I got to know quite a few of the kids, and its really amusing. I mean, you get some children who would be like "i wanna come back i wanna come back!" and "I'm gonna ask my mum to let me come again tomorrow and the day after and they day after that and....." or "i don't want to play.." and loads of different response. Like the Malays would say, banyak udang banyak garam, banyak orang banyak garam. hehe.

What else? Well, there have been loads of other activities.. like my home visits and this documentary/discussion about the clash of civilization between Islam and the West. The clash of civilization was very interesting, but I think I'll write about it next time. Kinda sleepy now, and long day tomorrow. The Malaysians are treating ourselves to a meal tomorrow, so I gotta go do some grocery shopping and stock up on my provisions.. imagine me going on the train with like.. 15 chickens! but oh well, thats life at ac.. hehe.

Till next time, salam mesra.. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment here has nothing to do wit ur recent post.I read ur post on friend--yg zmn tok kadok punya post!(hey, I just stumbled into ur blog n tertinggal byk post, tat 1 older post la)..Well, I wonder..is there such thing as “frens stick by u”??Its hard to find a fren who is truly a fren (sum1 yg willing to share happiness and sadness no matter wat)..ppl r selfish..they wont stick by u if they cant use u to get wat they want..it happened to me most of the time! but im lucky bcoz I still haf my two other bestfrens stick wit me!!..;)

priaPujangga said...

whoa.. u read the previous posts? i don't even remember when i wrote that. But yea, u have a point, memang its really hard to find friends who stick by u, but I feel lucky to have a few of those friends.. But at times, I just cant help feeling, that things would be so much easier if I just rely on myself, that way it doesnt give space for disappointment ke ape.. but then, i realize, what is the meaning of life, if u live as a hermit..