Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Proton

You know, sometimes its weird, to imagine how much gap of knowledge a country can have.. And at some levels, its even.. ridiculous? If I am allowed to say so.

The other day, I met 2 different people on the same day, and we got to talking. To one, when I said I'm from Malaysia, he immediately identified Kuala Lumpur without me telling him, which surprised me, and he got me again when he said that (and I'm not quoting him, but its something to the effect of) "u know what puts Malaysia on the world map? the Proton.." and he went on about what a good car it was, how a few of his friends have it, etc etc etc. Perhaps something could be learnt here, that our national carmaker is capable of producing world-class cars, and should work on producing more of that, instead of the "things" they pass for a car domestically and rely on the government to keep them in business. It really made me feel proud of Malaysia, to know that people all away here, halfway around the world, hold my country in such high regards, but it saddens me that my own people would betray this respect and treat our own people badly.

And later in the day, I met another person, and when I told her I'm from Malaysia, I had to explain that it is in SE Asia, in Asia, and she went (again, not quoting) "o Asia! That's in Eastern Europe right?" The only way i can describe my feeling was.. -.-" It surprises me sometimes, and amazes me, how we humans are so varied and different.. How great is God? Really great.. ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...they know proton, but dunno Gua Niah or Gua Mulu? did u ask? xP at least tht's nearer to where our hearts belong..i mean, more specifically..haha

priaPujangga said...

You'd be surprised by how many people know about Sarawak, or Borneo Island. Some of the staff here in AC even, know about Sarawak without me even telling them about it. And quite a few people have been to Sarawak, or have relatives there.. And im only talking about people here in AC. ;)

Anonymous said...

hmm, sounds great!!u noe wat, ppl noe bout swk bcoz it is one the places tat still "menghijua"..kaya wit alam semulajadi.gud!!

WanSin said...

hi amin, i gonna lock my blog soon dy. can u leave me yr email address at my blog there (www.cwansin.blogspot.com) so that i can invite u?

thanx ya

priaPujangga said...

who's nayy? but true.. sarawak is a wonderful place.. ;)

priaPujangga said...

who's nayy? but true.. sarawak is a wonderful place.. ;)

Anonymous said...

no updte?(w8tng for updte)..is tis blog only for ur frens?..sorry then,..i terjumpa ur blog x sengaja n i tink ur blog is intrstng, so i pun alwayz go tis blog la(i only found out bout tis blog few days ago)..peace!

priaPujangga said...

well, ur welcome to come bile2 je nak.. but didnt expect anyone else to come.. so curious je sape nie.. will update soon..