Thursday, May 31, 2007

10th

Ok, so right, Dexter basically told me to get 5 days off from blogging, but im back in 3 - i THINK. Hehe. Its Gawai! Dont know the relevance, but a celebration of one Malaysian is a celebration of all Malaysians.. ;) Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai! Haha. Selamat Ari Gawai to eveyone!

Anyway, quite a lot happened these few days, which was probably contributed as well to why i wasnt blogging the past few days. Well, on Tuesday, my friend and I went to Max Brenner's at esplanade. know the place? its a chocolate bar, kind of. So we went in, yea, and i opened the menu, and couldnt make up my mind which one to choose. So I got the both of us practically everything on the menu, from suckao to chocolate fondue and from hot chocolate to chocolate and caramel banana waffle (or something like that). Between the 2 of us, we tried to finish up a whole table full of choclaty deliciously rich food. LoL. we didnt quite get to finish everything, but it was my last time evening out in Singapore, so i just decided what the heck, lets just enjoy the food. and we did! Owh! and i suddenly thought why they named it suckao. Its basically u melt chocolate over a candle and u pour milk into it and drink it -HOT! so i think, i THINK, they named it that because when people drink it, they SUCK it, and they go "AO!" when they burn their tongues. thus the SUCKAO.. smart, eyh?

The next day, my last day in Singapore, was pretty much extremely hectic. I still had clas till 3, and my flight was at 630, so i have to be at the airport by 530, and the airport is half an hours ride from my place, and i havent packed one bag. So my plan was from school, go straight to get some stuff, and then go back home, pack, and leave. But then, the shopping got a little out of hand. Marium, Lynn and Rachael decided to tag along - which was fine with me, dont get me wrong. hehe. We were running all over the place - and i mean RUNNING - trying to lok for the stuff i needed, and shouting at the cashers to hurry up and stuff. After everything was done - which, thankfully, they did get done - the 3 wanted to get neoprints, so i dont mind, at least for memory, u know. It turned out quite all right, actually, even though we were rushing through the whole thing, because it was nearly 430 already. by 4.40, i left the place in a cab after quick goodbyes. GOt home nearly at 5, and was rushing through my whole place, making sure i didnt leave antyhing behind. But! I now realize i left my facial cleanser and my handphone charger! Left my place at around 5, stopped some place to try look for some ointment for my aunt, cant find, so proceded to the airport. Checked in, had to get something deposited for pickup by my friend. By the time everything was done, it was already 6.10, and i havent gone pass immigration, and ireally wanted to get some starbucks before i went in, but i decided against it since there really wasnt time. Went in, got into a shop and got some ointments for my aunt, and i had to RUN all the way to the gate, because it was already 6.28. I was so nervous that i'd get left by the plane or something, but then, i dont know if i was relieved or mad, the flight was delayed by about 10 minutes. So now im safely in kuching!

You know what? something i realize, but perhaps most people already know. we dont really appreciate the things we have until we lost it. I'm missing the people in Singapore - my friends, the place itself, the ambience. Seriously, i've made some great friends there, and i do hope we dont lose touch. I might not have made much effort in our friendship, but i realize now that they do mean a lot to me. Thank you so much, guys, for everything. I appreciate every single one of you, no matter from CH or ISS or from anywhere else. =)

I thought i had a longer entry to write, but it seems this is it. So, til next time. I'm going back to Miri on the 10th.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

im telling u..u reli super geng man..2 minutes till ur flight to take off and u can still think of starbucks...well, im seriosuly impressed..maybe some tips for me so that i can do sumthg like tht too? geng~ haha..when u gonna be in miri until?

Camellia O. said...

hey.. i feel the same thing too. all over AGAIN!! i mean like... when is it going to stop? we've got to learn the proper way to say good bye and then the proper way to Keep in touch. we claim to do so, but we seldom do it ourselves. we meet friends then we say goodbye. how sad!!! i'm going through the same thing as you. so is afiqah and all those who've spent a lot of time together in college/school etc...etc..and the WORSE part is trying to keep track of all our friends. its just hard. i wish it wasn't but its just too hard... we should have a reunion in 10 years time i think. after the doctors and dentists of our class graduate. :0)

camy.

priaPujangga said...

Jas - Haha. I had a sudden craving for starbucks baa~ the caramel thingy~ LoL. I'm going to be Miri til september.. nice and long!!! ;)

Camy - Ur right, saying and doing are really 2 very different things. And its so frustrating after to know that we could have done better, and to realize that the effort is really hard to maintain. Lets just hope in 10 years time, we can all still get together - not just the doctors and dentists!! future Gates as well.. aka mua~ lol. =)

Anonymous said...

hey,
was bored so i decided to drop by your blog.

and man i was impressed you could think of starbucks when u were almost late!haha.
coem to think of it,i was late for my flight once and i could still think of getting Godiva chocolates.lol.great minds think alike eh?

btw,keep blogging!great posts. :)